SAWE – CANADA CHAPTER
EXECUTIVE MEETING No 102 – by WEBEX – Minutes – 2010 October 13
Whidy Kiskunas, Rod van Dyk, Stuart Norris, April Barth, Anthony Vella, Robert Hargrave
1. Review of Action Items from previous meeting
- Need a unique URL address (suggest sawecanada). (Action: CLOSED G. Shpati)
- Import existing Canada Chapter logo. (Action: OPEN G. Shpati, support from A.Vella)
- “About” section of website requires information about our chapter including: purpose of our association, goals, etc. (Action: OPEN Roger Clapp)
- Schedule a series of technical conferences via telephone/Webex for discussion with membership. (Action: ONGOING Executive) See proposed dates below…
- September Chapter Technical Conference was successfully completed, see discussion below.
- “Technical Discussion on the Pros and Cons of Composite Weight Estimation”. (Action: ONGOING Whidy to investigate the chance for an open forum via Webex)
2. New Actions
- Members that are still in arrears will be removed from the Chapter.
3. Future Technical Discussions
- Executive going ahead in hosting future technical conferences on “Training Requirements/Guidelines for Weights Engineers”. Major topics are with the suggested the following dates and facilitators:
- Weight Estimation – including all mass properties – Whidy – APR.28 – COMPLETE with some follow-up required (10 chapter participants, 2 non-chapter participants). Overall consensus was good.
- Weight Projection – parametrics, analytical tools – Rod – TBA.
- Weight Verification – actuals – Whidy – September Conference – COMPLETE.
- Weight Management – trade studies, creating targets, dealing with suppliers, risk assessment – (Luc or Sylvain) ? – TBA.
- Dates & facilitators to be confirmed.
- Existing SAWE publications, which can be accessed by all SAWE members, will be used as a starting point and reference for our discussions.
- Suggesting using 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm timeframe for all meetings, but will take into account the feedback from our membership.
4. Canada Chapter Technical Conference – Sept 2010
- The Technical Conference was deemed to be very successful & well received.
- Conference Finances (Revenue – Expenses) = $1120 – 847.93 = $272.07
- Attendance was 16 actual & 1 via Webex.
- The “Optimization” training course was discussed, and the Executive strongly recommend that all members take it.
- Presentations to be posted on the Chapter Website
- Executive to poll members for possibly alternating the venue between Montreal and Toronto for future conferences.
5. Next Meeting: Wednesday, November 10, 12:00 noon.