SAWE – CANADA CHAPTER
EXECUTIVE MEETING No 105 – by WEBEX – Minutes – 2011 January 19
Rod van Dyk, Stuart Norris, Robert Hargrave, April Barth, Anthony Vella
1. Review of Action Items from previous meeting
- Import existing Canada Chapter logo. (Action: OPEN G. Shpati, support from A.Vella)
- “About” section of website requires information about our chapter including: purpose of our association, goals, etc. (Action: OPEN Roger Clapp)
- Schedule a series of technical conferences via telephone/Webex for discussion with membership. (Action: ONGOING Executive) See proposed dates below…
- “Technical Discussion on the Pros and Cons of Composite Weight Estimation”. (ONGOING Whidy to investigate the chance for an open forum via Webex)
- Call for Awards Nominations – 2011 Award Nominations
- Rod van Dyk provided positive feed back to Ken LaSalle for his “Weight Control Responsibility, Authority, and Accountability” paper & presentation, for its use & benefit in training material.
2. New Actions
- The Executive agree to write the abstract for 52 old papers. Whidy, Robert, April & Stuart – 10 each, Rod & Anthony – 6 each. (March 18th).
- Rod to post Ken Lasalle’s MP R&R on Chapter Website.
3. Future Technical Discussions
- Executive going ahead in hosting future technical conferences on “Training Requirements/Guidelines for Weights Engineers”. Major topics are with the suggested the following dates and facilitators:
- Weight Estimation – including all mass properties – Whidy – APR.28 – COMPLETE with some follow-up required (10 chapter participants, 2 non-chapter participants). Overall consensus was good.
- Weight Projection – parametrics, analytical tools – Rod – TBA.
- Weight Verification – actuals – Whidy – September Conference – COMPLETE.
- Weight Management – trade studies, creating targets, dealing with suppliers, risk assessment – (Luc or Sylvain) ? – TBA.
- Dates & facilitators to be confirmed.
- Existing SAWE publications, which can be accessed by all SAWE members, will be used as a starting point and reference for our discussions.
- Suggesting using 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm timeframe for all meetings, but will take into account the feedback from our membership.
4. Next Meeting: Wednesday, February 9, 12:00 noon.