Sep 2013

 

 

September 2013 Minutes (also includes discussions from Aug 2013)

SAWE – CANADA CHAPTER

 Attendees

R. van Dyk, W. Kiskunas,  A. Tang, R. Hargrave, S. Norris, K. Lacroix       

TOPICS DISCUSSED

1a) Review of Action Items from previous meeting

·      The bulk of our meeting discussed details on the planning of the next chapter technical conference:

 Date : Sept.28-29, 2013

 Location : Montreal

 Hotel: Hilton Bonaventure – contract is signed

 Responsibilities :

·         Hotel/catering contracts – K. Lacroix

·         Advertising & call for papers : R. van Dyk/G.Shpati

·         Book-keeping – W. Kiskunas & Robert Hargrave

·         Photographer – N. Riou

·         Social/Dinner events – S. Norris/R. Hargrave

·         Vendor table – R. van Dyk

·         Agenda – W. Kiskunas

** Current attendee list indicates about 20 attendees.

·      ACTIONS:

WHIDY – draft agenda and include abstracts of presentations – COMPLETE

ROD – add conference dates to website calendar – COMPLETE

GEORGE – add invitation to website – COMPLETE

STUART/GEORGE – lanyards and name tags – by end of Aug – still in work, will be done in time for conference

STUART/ROB – finalize Saturday dinner plans and excursion on Sunday – Dinner location chosen (Les Deux Gamins), excursions will be self-directed on Sunday, Stuart will give a list of events to the attendees at the conferences

ROB – Create attendee list and share with Exec at next meeting – COMPLETE

STUART – find projector – hotel rental is too expensive, screen is included in room rental as confirmed by Kathy

ROD – send out final reminder to all chapter members and regional members that have shown interest.

ROB – discuss any last minute details with ALTAIR with regard to vendor booth set-up

GEORGE – add TSAA link to SAWE Canada website

·      Additional discussions on “last-minute” attendees for the conference.  If we cannot add them to the catering list in time, they will have to make their own arrangements for lunch.  (Registration Fee will be reduced to $70 to account for “no-lunch provided”)

 

1b) Review of Older Action Items from previous meetings

·      Review of a possible standard template for presentations during the SAWE Conferences.  A standard template draft was submitted by N. Riou to The Executive and is currently under further review.  Look at possible logo and layout reorganization to the draft template by the end of May (URGENT Action: CLOSED by G. Shpati).·       

·      Post the invitation and information pertaining to the September 2013 Conference on our website.   (URGENT Action: CLOSED by G. Shpati).

 ·      Clean up website Forum as it is getting filled up with SPAM.  Look into approved users for the Forum such as a login for the Forum and an administrator who would approve users.  Other ideas to be examined as well.  (Action: OPEN G. Shpati and Executive – Rod cleaning it up on a regular basis)

 ·      The executive has decided to participate in the TSAA conference in Toronto on Saturday, Oct.25-27 2013.  We will be noted as a minor sponsor ($300 payment has been received by the TSAA) for the event in exchange for allowing us to set-up a one-day booth at the event (Oct.26).    (Action: CLOSED, R. van Dyk has negotiated the fee and sent all paperwork, SAWE logo, and website link to April Barth, W. Kiskunas has received SAWE international marketing brochures for the event from Ron Fox).  Action: CLOSED, A. Barth sent payment and paperwork to TSAA by end of July. 

Rod van Dyk and Whidy Kiskunas have agreed to represent our chapter at this event…we would be more than happy to have more of our members participate.

  2)      Other Business

The Committee for SAWE Weight Reporting is progressing with developing a weight reporting standard.    Various representatives, including those who are members of the SAWE Canada Chapter are contributing to this ongoing discussion.  Whidy gave a brief update of these activities and has been forwarding some draft documents to the executive for feedback.  He will also be discussing this at the conference in Montreal.

 3)      Future Technical Decisions

Possible future topics for discussion:

·      Buoyancy Analysis – will be part of Fall conference

·      What is involved in Hosting an International Conference – part of Fall conference

·      Fuel Migration  – will be part of Fall Conference

·      Hypermesh Tool, Optimization Centers, and Program Management – part of Fall conference

  4) Next Meeting: Thursday Oct. 10th, 2013 @ 12:15pm

Copyright © 2009 - SAWE Canada Chapter
Designed by: George Shpati