SAWE – CANADA CHAPTER
Attendees R. Van Dyk, A.Tang, K. Lacroix
1a) Review of Action Items from previous meeting
- Discussion about the site for the 2015 International Conference (Action: CLOSED Executive).
- Send out preliminary invitation to Presidents of neighbouring Chapters (ie. Boston, Philadelphia, WashingtonDC, Kittyhawk) to gauge interest in a Regional conference to be held in Montreal– September 2013. Response to follow by mid February. Received positive response from the Washington DC Chapter and the Kittyhawk Chapter. (Action: OPEN R. Van Dyk).
- Post the invitation and information pertaining to the September 2013 Conference on our website. (Action: OPEN Executive).
- Clean up website Forum as it is getting filled up with SPAM. Look into approved users for the Forum such as a login for the Forum and an administrator who would approve users. Other ideas to be examined as well. (Action: OPEN G. Shpati and Executive).
- Send out email regarding Ron Fox membership incentive program by the end of February. Continue with a follow up discussion regarding membership drive and membership renewal (Action: OPEN R. Van Dyk & Executive).
- Send out tax receipts to all members by the end of February (Action: CLOSED A. Tang)
- Send out request for nomination by March 1, 2013 (Action: CLOSED W. Kiskunas)
1b) Review of Older Action Items from previous meetings
- Review of a possible standard template for presentations during the SAWE Conferences. A standard template draft was submitted by N. Riou to The Executive and is currently under further review. Look at possible logo and layout reorganization to the draft template by the end of March (Action: OPEN G. Shpati).
- Update website with CAEP Information. Feedback received from T. Vella and R. Hargrave. SAWE to support the ongoing discussions and receive updates (Action: CLOSED R. Hargrave & T. Vella).
2) Other Business
This years 72nd International SAWE Conference will be held inSt. Louis,Missouri on May 18-23rd, 2013.
Review of International BoD Meeting Minutes:
-Looking for nominations for Presidents, VP, Executive VP
-Looking for nominations for awards
-Looking for more papers, only 13 papers so far for St. Louis
The Committee for SAWE Weight Reporting is currently putting together a proposal on whether they need a project lead or sub committees for a weight reporting standard. For example, below were some topics discussed:
– Who will use the standard is still to be determined (ie. Just suppliers, or OEM`s as well).
– R. Van Dyk brought up Recommended Practice 100
– W. Kiskunas will continue to participate in the monthly Committee meetings
– R. Van Dyk brought up the need to have the backing from the Airframers
– Discussion regarding IHS login and SAE standard
R. Van Dyk brought up that this could be a discussion topic at the Canadian Regional Conference depending on the maturity of the project. A possible Workshop or Roundtable discussion could be organized to formalize a response.
3) Future Technical Decisions
Possible future topics for discussion:
- Buoyancy Analysis (TBD)
- Weight Projection – Parametrics, analytical tools that stress uses for sizing etc. A possible Telecon and open forum could be organized to further the discussion (R. Van Dyk – TBD)
- Existing SAWE publications, which can be accessed by all SAWE members, will be used as a starting point and reference for our discussions.
- What is involved in Hosting an International Conference
- Fuel Migration
- Hypermesh Tool,OptimizationCenters, and Program Management
- RP 100 – Kick Off meeting end of November 2012
4) Next Meeting : Thursday March 14th, 2013 @ 12:15