SAWE – CANADA CHAPTER
EXECUTIVE MEETING No 104 – by WEBEX – Minutes – 2010 December 8
Whidy Kiskunas, Rod van Dyk, Stuart Norris, Robert Hargrave, Anthony Vella, April Barth
1. Review of Action Items from previous meeting
· Import existing Canada Chapter logo. (Action: OPEN G. Shpati, support from A.Vella)
· “About” section of website requires information about our chapter including: purpose of our association, goals, etc. (Action: OPEN Roger Clapp)
· Schedule a series of technical conferences via telephone/Webex for discussion with membership. (Action: ONGOING Executive) See proposed dates below…
· “Technical Discussion on the Pros and Cons of Composite Weight Estimation”. (ONGOING Whidy to investigate the chance for an open forum via Webex)
2. New Actions
· The Executive agree to provide positive feed back to Ken LaSalle for his “Weight Control Responsibility, Authority, and Accountability” paper & presentation, for its use & benefit in training material.
· Call for Awards Nominations.
3. Future Technical Discussions
· Executive going ahead in hosting future technical conferences on “Training Requirements/Guidelines for Weights Engineers”. Major topics are with the suggested the following dates and facilitators:
· Weight Estimation – including all mass properties – Whidy – APR.28 – COMPLETE with some follow-up required (10 chapter participants, 2 non-chapter participants). Overall consensus was good.
· Weight Projection – parametrics, analytical tools – Rod – TBA.
· Weight Verification – actuals – Whidy – September Conference – COMPLETE.
· Weight Management – trade studies, creating targets, dealing with suppliers, risk assessment – (Luc or Sylvain) ? – TBA.
· Dates & facilitators to be confirmed.
· Existing SAWE publications, which can be accessed by all SAWE members, will be used as a starting point and reference for our discussions.
· Suggesting using 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm timeframe for all meetings, but will take into account the feedback from our membership.
4. Next Meeting: Wednesday, January 12, 12:00 noon.