SAWE – CANADA CHAPTER
EXECUTIVE MEETING No 103 – by WEBEX – Minutes – 2010 November 11
Whidy Kiskunas, Rod van Dyk, Stuart Norris, Robert Hargrave
1. Review of Action Items from previous meeting
- Import existing Canada Chapter logo. (Action: OPEN G. Shpati, support from A.Vella)
- “About” section of website requires information about our chapter including: purpose of our association, goals, etc. (Action: OPEN Roger Clapp)
- Schedule a series of technical conferences via telephone/Webex for discussion with membership. (Action: ONGOING Executive) See proposed dates below…
- “Technical Discussion on the Pros and Cons of Composite Weight Estimation”. (Action: ONGOING Whidy to investigate the chance for an open forum via Webex)
2. New Actions
- Delinquent members will be removed from the “Aviation News” mailing list.
- Anyone wishing to present a paper at the International Conference in May 2011 please view links below. Abstracts need to be submitted by 17 Dec. 2010. Final papers are due by 15 April 2011.
3. Future Technical Discussions
- Executive going ahead in hosting future technical conferences on “Training Requirements/Guidelines for Weights Engineers”. Major topics are with the suggested the following dates and facilitators:
- Weight Estimation – including all mass properties – Whidy – APR.28 – COMPLETE with some follow-up required (10 chapter participants, 2 non-chapter participants). Overall consensus was good.
- Weight Projection – parametrics, analytical tools – Rod – TBA.
- Weight Verification – actuals – Whidy – September Conference – COMPLETE.
- Weight Management – trade studies, creating targets, dealing with suppliers, risk assessment – (Luc or Sylvain) ? – TBA.
- Dates & facilitators to be confirmed.
- Existing SAWE publications, which can be accessed by all SAWE members, will be used as a starting point and reference for our discussions.
- Suggesting using 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm timeframe for all meetings, but will take into account the feedback from our membership.
4. Next Meeting: Wednesday, December 8, 12:00 noon.