SAWE – CANADA CHAPTER
Attendees : W. Kiskunas, G. Shpati, R. Van Dyk, K. Lacroix,
Please welcome the 2012-2013 SAWE Canada Chapter Executive
SAWE – Canada Chapter Election Results:
Director : Whidy Kiskunis
President: Rod Van Dyk
Vice President: Anthony Vella
Treasurer: April Barth
Secretary: Kathy Lacroix
Technical Advisor: George Shpati
We would like to thank everyone for your continued participation and support during the 2012 election. The Executive as a whole have reviewed the results. If anyone is interested in seeing the final results please contact The Executive.
1a) Review of Action Items from previous meeting
- Discussion regarding this years Canadian Chapter SAWE Conference to be held in Toronto on the weekend of either Sept. 22 & 23 or Sept. 29 & 30, 2012. Dates and possible hotel options still to be confirmed. (Action: OPEN T. Vella & R. Van Dyk)
- Send out a Canadian SAWE Conference invitation by the end of May 2012. (Action: OPEN Executive)
- Review of a possible standard template for presentations during the SAWE Conferences. A standard template draft was submitted by N. Riou to The Executive and is currently under further review. Look at possible logo and layout reorganization to the draft template by June 2012. (Action: OPEN G. Shpati)
- Update website with CAEP Information. Feedback received from T. Vella and R. Hargrave. SAWE to support the ongoing discussions and receive updates. (Action: OPEN R. Hargrave & T. Vella)
1b) Review of Older Action Items from previous meetings
- EXECUTIVE has agreed to write the abstract for 52 old papers. There are currently 5 abstracts left to finish. Split up the remaining unfinished abstracts among the Executive (Action: OPEN Whidy with support from Executive.
2) Other Business
The SAWE 71st Annual International Conference is to be held May 5-10th, 2012 in Bad Gogging and Manching Bavaria, Germany. Further discussion regarding the conference to be followed up by T. Vella and R. Van Dyk.
3) Future Technical Decisions
Possible future topics for discussion:
- Buoyancy Analysis (TBD)
- Weight Projection – Parametrics, analytical tools that stress uses for sizing etc. A possible Telecon and open forum could be organized to further the discussion (R. Van Dyk – TBA)
- Existing SAWE publications, which can be accessed by all SAWE members, will be used as a starting point and reference for our discussions.
4) Next Meeting : Wed. May 16th, 2012 @ 12:15 noon