SAWE – CANADA CHAPTER
Attendees : W. Kiskunas, R. Van Dyk, K. Lacroix
Thank you to the 29 individuals who took the time to complete the online survey. The data and additional ideas / comments that were given will be very helpful as we begin to organize the next technical conference. See Survey results below:
1) What time of the year should the SAWE Canada Chapter hold its yearly technical conference?
a) Spring (April – May) 41.4% (12 responses)
b)Fall (Sept – Oct) 58.6% (17 responses)
2) What time of the week would you be more likely to attend this conference (2 day maximum)?
a) Monday – Tuesday 17.2% (5 responses)
b) Thursday – Friday 24.1% (7 responses)
c) Saturday – Sunday 58.6 % (17 responses)
3) What is your preferred location for the 2013 event?
a) Montreal area 39.3% (11 responses)
b) Kingston area 32.1% (9 responses)
c) Toronto area 28.6% (8 responses)
4) What is considered a reasonable registration cost for you to attend this event?
a) <$50 24.1% (7 responses)
b) $50-$75 69.0% (20 responses)
c) $75-$100 6.9% (2 responses)
5) If your preference to the above questions were met, would you consider presenting / facilitating a topic at the 2013 event?
a) Yes 55.2% (16 responses)
b) No 44.8% (13 responses)
1a) Review of Action Items from previous meeting
- Send out survey to all Canadian Chapter SAWE members with respect to their preferences for the next Canadian SAWE Conference (ie. location, time of year, day, etc). (Action: CLOSED R. Van Dyk).
- Coordinate the membership listing on the website so that this list corresponds to the most current membership listing to date (Action: OPEN Executive).
- Review of a possible standard template for presentations during the SAWE Conferences. A standard template draft was submitted by N. Riou to The Executive and is currently under further review. Look at possible logo and layout reorganization to the draft template (Action: OPEN G. Shpati).
- Discussion about the site for the 2015 International Conference (Action: OPEN Executive)
1b) Review of Older Action Items from previous meetings
- Update website with CAEP Information. Feedback received from T. Vella and R. Hargrave. SAWE to support the ongoing discussions and receive updates (Action: OPEN R. Hargrave & T. Vella).
2) Other Business
Next years 72nd International SAWE Conference will be held inSt. Louis,Missouri on May 18-22, 2013.
3) Future Technical Decisions
Possible future topics for discussion:
- Buoyancy Analysis (TBD)
- Weight Projection – Parametrics, analytical tools that stress uses for sizing etc. A possible Telecon and open forum could be organized to further the discussion (R. Van Dyk – TBD)
- Existing SAWE publications, which can be accessed by all SAWE members, will be used as a starting point and reference for our discussions.
- What is involved in Hosting an International Conference
- Fuel Migration
- Hypermesh Tool,OptimizationCenters, and Program Management
- RP 100 – Kick Off meeting end of November 2012
4) Next Meeting : Thursday December 13th, 2012 @ 12:15