June 2010 Minutes
SAWE â€“ CANADA CHAPTERÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
EXECUTIVE MEETING No 100 – by WEBEX – Minutes â€“ 2010 June 9
Whidy Kiskunas, Rod van Dyk, Robert Hargrave, Stuart Norris
- Review of Action Items from previous meeting
- Need a unique URL address (suggest sawecanada). (Action: OPEN G. Shpati)
- Import existing Canada Chapter logo. (Action: OPEN G. Shpati, support from A.Vella)
- Ensure G. Shpati is reimbursed for yearly fees. (Action: OPEN Â R. Clapp)
- â€œAboutâ€ section of website requires information about our chapter including: purpose of our association, goals, etc. (Action: OPEN Roger Clapp)
- Schedule a series of technical conferences via telephone/Webex for discussion with membership.
(Action: ONGOING Executive) See proposed dates belowâ€¦
- Begin planning of Chapter Technical Conference in September. (Action: ONGOING R. Hargrave) see discussion below.
- New Actions
- Call for papers/presentations for the Chapter Technical Conference in September.
- Topics for open discussion.
- Future Technical Discussions
- Executive going ahead in hosting future technical conferences on â€œTraining Requirements/Guidelines for Weights Engineersâ€.Â Major topics are with the suggested the following dates and facilitators:
- Weight Estimation – including all mass properties â€“ Whidy â€“ APR.28 â€“ COMPLETE with some follow-up required (10 chapter participants, 2 non-chapter participants). Overall consensus was good. Whidy to release minutes.
- Weight Projection – parametrics, analytical tools â€“ Rod â€“ Â JUNE 30
- Weight Verification – actuals â€“ Whidy â€“ JULY 21
- Weight Management – trade studies, creating targets, dealing with suppliers, risk assessment â€“ Luc or Sylvain? â€“ ? (Whidy to contact them)
- We will be confirming our dates & facilitators over the next couple of weeks
- Existing SAWE publications, which can be accessed by all SAWE members, will be used as a starting point and reference for our discussions.
- Suggesting using 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm timeframe for all meetings, but will take into account the feedback from our membership.
- Canada Chapter Technical Conference â€“ Sept 2010
- Due to the positive response from our 2009 conference in Gananoque, we are beginning the preliminary plans to launch another conference at the end of Sept 2010.Â
- General agreement that the location be Kingston this year, and suggested date (Sept.18 or 25).
- Possibly coincide with the Kingston Jazz Festival depending on date & availability.
- Possibly alternate between Montreal and Toronto in future years.
- There will be a registration fee for the event for a reasonable amount.
- Members will be contacted by the Executive about attendance & preferred topics
- Membership Fees
- Fees for 2010-2011 membership have been set at $50 CDN ($25 for retirees, and $15 for students), and are due now.Â
- General consensus to keep both options of paying the fees through the chapter or International office.
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, July 14, 12:00 noon.
SAWEÂ Canada Chapter – Secretary
Latest Forum Topics
- célébrité à sac Chanel tyles, 14 hours ago
- L’histoire de Polo Ralph Lauren Outlet, 14 hours ago
- Un homme et son Longchamp, 15 hours ago
- Hvordan Nike Free Run + 2 Oppmuntre Barefoot / Natural Running?, 15 hours ago
- Devenu populaire auprès Shirts 2013 Polo Ralph Lauren, 1 day ago
- Est-ce que devenir Sac Longchamp more info holistique spirituelle, 1 day ago
- Jag har en fråga om både Nike Free och Vibrams, 1 day ago