January 2010 Minutes
SAWE â€“ CANADA CHAPTER
EXECUTIVE MEETING No 95 – by WEBEX – Minutes â€“ 2010 Jan. 13
Whidy Kiskunas, Rod van Dyk, Robert Hargrave, Roger Clapp, Keith Brewer, Anthony Vella
1. Review of Action Items from previous meeting
â€¢ Forward details of latest job opportunities at Bombardier â€“ Montreal to George Shpati for inclusion in the chapter website. (Action: completedâ€¦Rod placed announcement into â€œlatest newsâ€ portion of website.)
â€¢ Need a unique URL address (suggest sawecanada) (Action: OPEN G. Shpati)
â€¢ Populate with latest meeting minutes (Action: completed R. van Dykâ€¦will continue to add more)
â€¢ Transfer existing data from current website (may need support from J.M Flamand) (Action: completed with support from J.M Flamand)
â€¢ Start populating â€œcalendarâ€ with upcoming meeting dates/times, and conferences. (Action: completed R. van Dyk)â€¦will continue to update as more information arises.
â€¢ Import existing Canada Chapter logo. (Action: OPEN G. Shpati, support from A.Vella)
â€¢ Advertise SAWE International Conference (Action: OPEN W. Kiskunas)
â€¢ Ensure G. Shpati is reimbursed for yearly fees (Action: OPEN? R. Clapp)
â€¢ â€œAboutâ€ section of website requires information about our chapter including : purpose of our association, goals, etc. (Action : OPEN Roger Clapp)
2. Future Technical Discussions
â€¢ Chapter member, Paul Newsham suggested a future technical conference on training requirements/guidelines for Weights Engineers.
- Request Paul to highlight top 5 issues to discussâ€¦send to executive (Action: completed)
- Rod to discuss this issue with Ken LaSalle (Boeing) to understand the relationship of training to the defined â€œRoles, Responsibilities, Accountabilityâ€ presented at Technical Conference (Action : R. van Dyk)
- schedule a technical conference via telephone/Webex for this discussion with membership.
(Action : Executive)
â€¢ The Canada Chapter currently stands at 43 membersâ€¦great news!
4. Upcoming Chapter Elections
â€¢ Whidy Kiskunas to prepare template for February meeting â€“ populate with all members as supported by Roger Clappâ€™s membership list.
â€¢ Nominations begin at February meeting, followed up for a request for nominations to the general membership.
5. Chapter Report to SAWE International
â€¢ Whidy pre-viewed the chapter report with the executive for approval â€“ accepted.
6. Upcoming Conferences
â€¢ Canada Chapter Executive would like to get feedback from our membership on whether they will attend the planned International Conference in May at Virginia Beach.
â€¢ Information about the conference will be coming from the International Office shortly.
7. Next Meeting: Wednesday, February 10, 12:00 noon.
Rod van Dyk
Secretary – SAWE Canada Chapter (2009-2010)
Latest Forum Topics
- célébrité à sac Chanel tyles, 1 day ago
- L’histoire de Polo Ralph Lauren Outlet, 1 day ago
- Un homme et son Longchamp, 1 day ago
- Hvordan Nike Free Run + 2 Oppmuntre Barefoot / Natural Running?, 1 day ago
- Devenu populaire auprès Shirts 2013 Polo Ralph Lauren, 2 days ago
- Est-ce que devenir Sac Longchamp more info holistique spirituelle, 2 days ago
- Jag har en fråga om både Nike Free och Vibrams, 2 days ago