August 2016 Minutes
SAWE Canada Chapter
Executive Meeting Minutes: Telecom Wednesday Aug 10th, 2016, 12:15 pm to 1:00 pm
Attendees: R. VanDyke, K. Lacroix, W. Kiskunas, P. Kennedy, T. Lyczko, G. Ray, A. Schuster, R. Hargrave, Darren Gamble
1) Current Discussion
- SAWE Regional Fall Conference Planning – 2016
- Discussion regarding who will be involved with the sponsorship for this conference?
- Verify if companies have AV equipment which they can loan / contract out to us for the conference. Contact Hotel about options. ACTION OPEN K. Lacroix
- Discussion regarding opening up a bank account in Montreal.
- April to set up bank account. R. Hargrave and K. Lacroix to send forms to the bank ACTION: OPEN A. Tang, R. Hargrave, K. Lacroix
- Registration Committee meeting with C. Vidakovic and J. Ramos to be set up with the US Chapter Registration counterpart. Need to set up a meeting with Gregory Ray. Jerry, Cviko and April need to be notified when this meeting will occur. ACTION: OPEN Executive
- SAWE International Conference Planning– Montreal – 2017
- Review Roles and Responsibilities for conference during 2016 SAWE monthly meeting.
- Speak with Victor Feret from Bombardier Transportation . Additionally, see if they is an opportunity for sponsorship ACTION CLOSED R. Hargrave
- Guest speaker discussion (ex. Marc Andre Valiquette).
- M. Valiquette interested in speaking during the 2016 conference. Parking fee and lunch will be paid for M. Valiquette. He will be selling his books during the conference ACTION CLOSED Executive
- Possibly bring in someone from BA Upper Management? Speak with Rob Dewar about being a guest speaker. ACTION OPEN R. Hargrave
2) Other Business
- The Committee for SAWE Weight Reporting –
- Is progressing with developing a weight reporting standard. Various representatives, including those who are members of the SAWE Canada Chapter are contributing to this ongoing discussion. Whidy gave a brief update of these activities and has been forwarding some draft documents to the executive for feedback. Currently the weight reporting template has been sent for final approval and is out for public review. See link below for where this is located for public review. http://www.sawe.org/technical/rp/publicreview
Whidy has notified us about the results of these ongoing discussions.
- Check Information available on http://sawe.org/ under About Us à News
- Request for Members Needed for New Consensus Body created by the SAWE SPC Committee to Develop a SAWE Recommended Practice for Weight Reporting in the Aviation Industry issued on Sept 4, 2012.
- New title for Weight Report is `Standard Weight Report for Aviation Components`.
- All macros were removed from the weight reporting template.
3) Action Items (all outstanding actions are listing here for visibility). Please ensure to review and update as needed.
- Look for further opportunities to create partnerships with student engineering organizations, specifically in the Montreal and Toronto For example, Bombardier doing course with Ecole Polytechnique. Furthermore, request SAWE International financial support in maintaining our sponsorship /attendance at further TSAA events or similar conferences for the purpose of marketing the SAWE and growing our membership. Put out feelers to the various universities for the upcoming 2016 conference (ie. McGill, Concordia, Ecole Polytechnique, etc) ACTION : Rob/Stuart/Rod/Whidy – ONGOING
- Nicolas Rioux to translate Weight Presentation. Possibility of Sylvain Poirier to give presentation. ACTION OPEN – R. VanDyke & N. Rioux
4) Next Executive Meeting scheduled on Wednesday September 14th, 2016 at 12:15
Note: In general any actions that were noted as closed in the last minutes, will be removed from the current meeting minutes