May 2015 Minutes
SAWE Canada Chapter
Executive Meeting Minutes: Telecom Wednesday May 13th, 2015, 12:15 pm to 1:00 pm
Attendees: R. VanDyke, R. Hargrave, D. Stansfield, A. Tang, S. Norris, K. Lacroix
1) Current Discussion
- SAWE Regional Fall Conference Planning – 2016
- Discussion regarding who will be involved with the sponsorship for this conference? ACTION: Executive – OPEN
- We need to clarify the penalties involved in case of a cancellation. A. Tang has provided some key points which need to be addressed. DJ Feldman has finalized the contract with The Omni hotel. ACTION: Executive – CLOSED
- Discussion regarding if we need to open a new bank account and in which city? ACTION: A. Tang & Executive – OPEN
- Add folder on website for planning committee ACTION: Executive – OPEN
- SAWE International Conference Planning– Montreal – 2017
- Review Roles and Responsibilities for conference during the February 2015 SAWE monthly meeting. Refer to page 5 & 6 of the presentation for the various roles that will need to be filled. A summary was put together with possible candidates for each of the roles. ACTION: Executive – OPEN [(almost complete, still need to find a secondary contact for training (C. Rioux?) and a primary contact for the Website)].
- Sponsorship Discussion. Who is responsible? ACTION: Executive – OPEN
- Guest speaker discussion (ex. Marc Andre Valiquette). Rod to have a lunch meeting with M.A Valiquette this month– ACTION: R. vanDyke & Executive – OPEN
- Membership renewal – April to send out a final reminder which indicates that those current members who renew late (ie. Past the end of May) will be charged an additional $20 reinstatement fee. ACTION: A. Tang & Executive – CLOSED
2) Other Business
- The Committee for SAWE Weight Reporting –
- Is progressing with developing a weight reporting standard. Various representatives, including those who are members of the SAWE Canada Chapter are contributing to this ongoing discussion. Whidy gave a brief update of these activities and has been forwarding some draft documents to the executive for feedback. This was also a discussion topic at this year’s conference in Montreal. Currently the weight reporting template has been sent out for final approval.
- Whidy has notified us about the results of these ongoing discussions.
- Check Information available on http://sawe.org/ under About Us à News
- Request for Members Needed for New Consensus Body created by the SAWE SPC Committee to Develop a SAWE Recommended Practice for Weight Reporting in the Aviation Industry issued on Sept 4, 2012.
- New title for Weight Report is `Standard Weight Report for Aviation Components`.
- All macros were removed from the weight reporting template.
- Discussion: FAA AC 120-27 F draft version – Not updated yet?
- Standardized Passengers and Crew weights – The current status is that the FAA has decided to revise the draft document and it is currently awaiting public review. Please see the link below for further information. http://www.sawe.org/news/ac120-27e_updated
3) Action Items (all outstanding actions are listing here for visibility). Please ensure to review and update as needed.
- Look for further opportunities to create partnerships with student engineering organizations, specifically in the Montreal and Toronto region. For example, Bombardier doing course with Ecole Polytechnique. Furthermore, request SAWE International financial support in maintaining our sponsorship /attendance at further TSAA events or similar conferences for the purpose of marketing the SAWE and growing our membership. ACTION : Rob/Stuart/Rod/Whidy – ONGOING
4) Next Executive Meeting scheduled on Wednesday June 10th, 2015 at 12:15.
Note: In general any actions that were noted as closed in the last minutes, will be removed from the current meeting minutes.