February 2015 Minutes
SAWE Canada Chapter
Executive Meeting Minutes: Telecom Wednesday Feb. 11th, 2015, 12:15 pm to 1:00 pm
Attendees: R. vanDyk, R. Hargrave, D. Stansfield, K. Lacroix
1) Current Discussion
- SAWE Canadian Fall Conference Planning – 2015
- Discussion regarding next years fall conference. It was decided that we would not hold a Fall Conference in 2015. ACTION: Executive- CLOSED
- Develop a way forward to increase SAWE membership for 2015. Verify with A. Tang to see how many current members we have? ACTION: Executive – OPEN
- SAWE Regional Fall Conference Planning – 2016
- Discussion regarding who will be responsible for the hotel negotiation for this conference? Do we hold this conference at The Omni Mont-Royal Hotel? How many days will the conference be (ex. 2 days, etc) and will it be held during the weekend or on weekdays? We need to contact DJ Feldman to discuss hotel negotiations ACTION: K. Lacroix – OPEN
- Discussion regarding who will be involved with the sponsorship for this conference? ACTION: Executive – OPEN
- Discussion regarding the roles the different Regional Chapters (ie. Philadelphia, Boston, Washington, Kitty Hawk) will have in this conference. ACTION: Executive – OPEN
- SAWE International Conference Planning– Montreal – 2017
- Review Roles and Responsibilities for conference during the February 2015 SAWE monthly meeting. Refer to page 5 & 6 of the presentation for the various roles that will need to be filled. A summary was put together with possible candidates for each of the roles. ACTION: Executive – OPEN
- Sponsorship Discussion. Who is responsible? ACTION: Executive – OPEN
- Plan for kickoff discussion for International Conference Planning. ACTION: Executive – OPEN
- Guest speaker discussion (ex. Marc Andre Valiquette) – ACTION: R. vanDyk & Executive – OPEN
- Send out tax receipts to members for 2014 ACTION : A. Tang – CLOSED
2) Other Business
- The Committee for SAWE Weight Reporting –
- Is progressing with developing a weight reporting standard. Various representatives, including those who are members of the SAWE Canada Chapter are contributing to this ongoing discussion. Whidy gave a brief update of these activities and has been forwarding some draft documents to the executive for feedback. This was also a discussion topic at this year’s conference in Montreal.
- Whidy has notified us about the results of these ongoing discussions.
- Check Information available on http://sawe.org/ under About Us à News
- Request for Members Needed for New Consensus Body created by the SAWE SPC Committee to Develop a SAWE Recommended Practice for Weight Reporting in the Aviation Industry issued on Sept 4, 2012.
- New title for Weight Report is `Standard Weight Report for Aviation Components`.
- All macros were removed from the weight reporting template.
- Discussion: FAA AC 120-27 F draft version
- Standardized Passengers and Crew weights – The current status is that the FAA has decided to revise the draft document and it is currently awaiting public review. Please see the link below for further information. http://www.sawe.org/news/ac120-27e_updated
3) Action Items (alloutstanding actions are listing here for visibility). Please ensure to review and update as needed.
- Look for further opportunities to create partnerships with student engineering organizations, specifically in the Montreal and Toronto region. For example, Bombardier doing course with Ecole Polytechnique. Furthermore, request SAWE International financial support in maintaining our sponsorship /attendance at further TSAA events or similar conferences for the purpose of marketing the SAWE and growing our membership. ACTION : Rob/Stuart/Rod/Whidy – ONGOING
4) Next Executive Meeting scheduled on Wednesday March 11th, 2015 at 12:15.
Note: In general any actions that were noted as closed in the last minutes, will be removed from the current meeting minutes.