October 2014 Minutes
October 2014 Minutes
SAWE Canada Chapter
Executive Meeting Minutes: Telecom October 9th, 2014, 12:15 pm to 1:00 pm
Attendees: R. Hargrave, D. Stansfield, R. van Dyke , K. Lacroix
1) Current Discussion
- SAWE International Conference Review – 2014
- Provide minutes of meeting for the 73rd Annual International Conference which was held on May 17-21st in Long Beach, California – ACTION: R. vanDyk & R. Hargrave – OPEN
- SAWE International Conference Planning– Montreal – 2017
- Review Roles and Responsibilities for conference. ACTION: R. van Dyke & Executive – OPEN
- Rod to remove all non-renewed members and add new members to the website roster – ACTION : R. vanDyk – OPEN
- Review if new information for last years conference and this years Kingston conference has been posted (ie. pictures and papers) – ACTION – R. Hargrave & R. vanDyke – OPEN
2) Other Business
- The Committee for SAWE Weight Reporting –
- Is progressing with developing a weight reporting standard. Various representatives, including those who are members of the SAWE Canada Chapter are contributing to this ongoing discussion. Whidy gave a brief update of these activities and has been forwarding some draft documents to the executive for feedback. This was also a discussion topic at this year’s conference in Montreal.
- For this meeting…Whidy has notified us that there will be additional discussions happening at the International Conference in LA in May. He will inform us of the results of those discussions.
- Check Information available on http://sawe.org/ under About Us à News
- Only item is the request for Members Needed for New Consensus Body created by the SAWE SPC Committee to Develop a SAWE Recommended Practice for Weight Reporting in the Aviation Industry issued on Sept 4, 2012.
- Discussion: FAA AC 120-27 F draft version
- Standardized Passengers and Crew weights – The current status is that the FAA has decided to revise the draft document and it is currently awaiting public review. Please see the link below for further information. http://www.sawe.org/news/ac120-27e_updated
o Jerry Pierson (new Vice President – Training). Jerry has asked if people would interested in becoming trainers or back up trainers. The topic of the training is on curtailments of flight (American Airlines)
3) Action Items – All outstanding actions are listed here for visibility. Please ensure to review and update as needed.
- Look for further opportunities to create partnerships with student engineering organizations, specifically in the Montreal region. Bombardier doing course with Polytechnique – ROB/STUART
- Request SAWE International financial support in maintaining our sponsorship/attendance at further TSAA (November 7, 8 & 9th in Toronto) or similiar conferences for the purpose of marketing the SAWE and growing our membership – ROD/WHIDY/ROB
o Whidy has had an initial discussion with Ron Fox, Indications are that SAWE International is non-profit and doesn’t have funds.
4) Next Executive Meeting scheduled on Thursday November 13th, 2014 at 12:15.
Note: In general any actions that were noted as closed in the last minutes, will be removed from the current meeting minutes.